Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Monopoly

Christmas is over and my kids got all that they wanted and more. Thanks to wonderful family and friends, they had one of the best Christmas' ever. Calen and I have always been a fan of board games; Monopoly and Sorry being our two favorites. Normally its always him asking me to play when I didn't want to. He used to want to play Monopoly every single day, even on the Wii. I love Monopoly but not that much. Whenever he would ask too much I would always tell him later or another day. We already had 'Family Game Nights' where we all would pick a game to challenge eachother in. But playing it all week too was just a bit much.

Anyway, this Christmas I got the new Monopoly Electronic Banking which I was excited about and couldn't wait to play but he was at his dads house with one of his favorite cousins Cameron.


So I have the both of them get dropped off to my house so we could play all the board games he had gotten the day before. I just knew he was going to be just as excited about it as I was. When I asked Calen if he wanted to play Monopoly, his reply was (before he even answered me), "Cameron, are you going to play?"

what the.....!?!
Now our game time determines whether or not his cousin is going to play with us?
All of the times he has forced me to play even when I didn't want to and it has come to this???

Why  has thou forsaken me???

I will admit, my feelings were a little bit hurt. Not only have I lost my son to Modern Warfare, Mortal Kombat, basketball (Lawd knows I'm far from athletic), and of course he'd rather be with his dad more than me now that he's growing up, that was inevitable......but to all his friends too??? He's only 10. Where has my little boy gone? I miss him so! He doesn't even like to hang with me anymore. It used to be just the two of us and those were the days. I used to dream of our future...just he, Ava and I. There were times I didn't even include marriage into my future because I wanted it to remain the way it has always been.....just the three of us. Now he's such a boy! But already???

What happened to this Calen?



And this Calen?




And this Calen?



And this Calen?















********

What am I going to do???
I may have a nervous breakdown when Ava decides she's had enough of me too!



3 comments:

  1. He's such a cute little baby!!! Now he's growing up into a young man. Even though he's acting like he's too cool to hang with mom's he knows you're still his number one. Sending you lots of positive thoughts, prayers and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I don't become one of those overbearing moms or monster-in-laws....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's called He is a big boy now. Kiss those days goodbye. I can't even get Alex to watch a movie with us anymore lol.

    ReplyDelete