Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 11, 2011

When I Move You Move, Just Like That

Is it possible to make such a critical life decision within 2 hours of thinking it over? Or would you consider it wreckless and sudden? Especially when there are kids involved?
Well that's basically what I kind of just did. Let me explain. Its not as bad as it sounds.

I'm sure we've all thought or dreamed about moving to another city or state? I know I always have, just never knew where. I couldn't imagine living anywhere else espeically since I love Cali weather. . It was all a fairytale....up until now. I just made it a reality in my brain.

With everything that has been going on in my life lately (written about in the blogs First 48) I've had nothing but down time to sit and reflect on my life and what choices I want to make from here on out. I also believe that everything happens for a reason and its just time for me to move on. Since the incident, my request for a new unit have been denied twice. In the meantime, I've been thinking of other options as well as praying and asking God what to do next because I'm kind of in a limbo? School has been and still is my main focus, even through all of this. So I was thinking that if I don't get transfered to a new unit, then I would continue to live with family until I graduate from school then go from there. But I also knew that after I graduate, I wanted to settle somewhere and start my career and Sacramento was definitely not the place.

I was talking to my girl Saran on the phone and she mentioned how she was thinking about moving to Houston, Texas sometime next year. That's when the light bulb in my head went off......DING!!! That's where I want to go too! So I kind of started thinking about it and it don't sound too bad. But like I said, school is still my main priority so I started making hypothetical plans with her about the timing and when I wanted to move out there.

I've always been hesitant on moving away from my family and I mainly think its because I am dependant on them. But I am damn near 30 years old now with two kids who are dependant on me. That is why I am in school for the long haul and once I graduate, I plan on making big moves. So I have made up in my mind that is when I want to take that leap of faith and move. And as of right now, Houston, Texas is my choice of residence. I'm talking about within the next 2-3 years maybe.

My only hump is taking the kids away from their dad. That would be my biggest hurdle for me. I would feel bad. And not that their dads are all of that and a bag of Hot Cheetos, but to my kids, their dads are the world! pffftttt! They're more like Sun Chips! lol.

So I've got some thinking to do. Even thought about extending the invitation out to one of them (even though I can't stand him...lol) to see if he was interested to come to Texas as well (Not WITH ME of course, but maybe he needs the isolation from his familiar surroundings to finally get his life together for the sake of his child). Not sure, we'll see. Just a thought for now.

Why Texas? I'm not sure. No specific reason. Just wanted something new.
Who do I know out there? I know quite a few people out there actually. I have a few friends out there. Even some of Ava's family are out there so we're not toally isolated. Not to mention one of my sisters is moving out there with her soon to be husband.
When? After I graduate of course

We'll see where life takes me = )

3 comments:

  1. Well *I* am in Texas and would welcome you with open arms. Texas is not as purty as Cali (okay it's kinda ugly mostly and I have lived in Cali so I can compare) but the people are super friendly here and the cost of living is NOWHERE NEAR as ridiculous as CA.

    So come on down and over sister. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im leaving cali too!! Going to love this blog site!! You will make me put up more spoken floetry for myself!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so happy you started this up again.I missed those Myspace blogging days

    ReplyDelete