Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

He Was In The Room

My outpatient surgery went well yesterday, praise God.
I spent the last two weeks crying & worrying enough about it so much that on the actual day of surgery, I was pretty calm. I didn’t really cry like I thought I would. The night before, my mom prayed over me (as I sobbed out of fear) and the morning of, my brother, Jr, sent me a prayer via text. After that, I was just chillin and counting down the hours.

I spent my morning writing in my kids’ journals, watching Wendy Williams and salivating at my mom’s meatballs and rice that sat in my fridge for later. Of course, our bodies crave what we can’t have. But once I got to the surgery center I was okay with what they had to do. It also helped a lot that Kindra was there keeping my mind off of the unknown as we sat and chatted in the waiting room. When they called my name, I 'chucked her the deuces' and strolled in the back like it was nothing. It kept me sane.

My cousin, Coco, made a joke to me the night before that I should do the cabbage patch down the long-dreaded hallway on the way to the surgery room. So as I was being wheeled down there with IV in arm, hospital gown on with my backside exposed and that fashionable, blue surgical cap, I giggled to myself as I pictured myself doing the cabbage patch while lying on that gurney. Trust, the visual was funny enough. Thanks for that, Coco!

The most awesome thing happened in the surgery room, though. Once I was prepped and the doctor put the oxygen mask on me and ‘upped the ante’ on my IV, I can remember praying to God for Him to take over from that point on (as if he hadn't already, I just didn’t realize it, yet). I actually remember the point where I felt woozy and I knew the very moment when I was losing control of all bodily functions. The last thing I mumbled under the oxygen mask was, “Lord, please take over. I trust you.”
And that is when it happened. I actually felt God’s presence in the room. Although I couldn’t see Him, I felt Him standing at the head of the bed, and I felt Him put his hands on my shoulders as I passed out. I remember thinking to myself (before I actually passed out), Wowwww, He really IS in this room! THAT IS HIM!!! It's like I silently heard Him there.
I knew He was there because I felt Him. I wanted to turn my head and look at Him, but I couldn't. I immediately was put at ease with the touch to my shoulders and went to sleep.

I have never denied God’s power. How could I? He deals with me sooo much, specifically in my dreams.
But I was at peace and knew I had nothing more to worry about.
That peace and comfort felt soooooo good! (And, NO, it wasn’t just the drugs….LOL).
But I felt it. I know I did.

God is so awesome and I don’t even deserve it.
Thank you all for your prayers and calls/texts.
I'm recovering well, thank you.

7 comments:

  1. Amen. This made me immediately tear up and think of the song the old people used to sing. "Come on in the room, Jesus is my doctor..." Amazing testimony, Beautiful writing, and I appreciate you for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right. I've never had that experience, but as the old hymns say, Jesus is our doctor. Now when I hear the expression I can say I had a firsthand experience.

      Delete
  2. I feel sad that I was not aware of your surgery, but at the same time I am
    so in awe with your story. I felt the same way when I was battling my fight to stay alive, sane & in faith while I was going thru ANY & ALL tragedies and yes HE is Real, that's what made me believe deeply. I am so proud of you & let's communicate more often I miss you!!! Always, Chong :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I will do better at communicating.

      I know that with everything you have gone through, it was nothing but God that has kept you all this time so I'm sure you feel me.

      Love you.

      Delete
  3. Ain't he good? I'm glad that your support system was there.. & that He was there to literally show up & show out at the time that you needed Him most. As you know when I prayed over you the night before that I asked Him to touch all the medical staff & cover you in the blood. To know that my prayers were answered literally brings joy to my heart. To know that He carried you, covered you & everyone else on the OR is nothing short of amazing. All He asks is an invitation, for you to call His name. To rejoice in the moment regardless of the situation or circumstance.. & when you FINALLY gave Him ALL control is when He let you know that He was God.. Almighty, All Powerful & worthy is He. I'm elated that you got to experience that.. Our God is an awesome God!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Won't He do it?

      That experience made me look back and say to myself, "See how easy it is when you actually surrender?"
      Although, I did when I had no other choice, I'm working on the next time to do it when my options are limitless.
      Now THAT will be the real test!
      I'm workin on it. #WorkInProgress

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear that your surgery went well! Playing catch up on all blog reading and life!

    ReplyDelete