Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Ava's Art Museum

Because I am a neat freak, I am very meticulous about everything having a place and my house being in complete order.
Ava loves her artwork, so of course she creates hundreds of pieces everyday, so many pieces that I can't keep up with them all. I've tried hanging them on the fridge, stuffing them in a drawer in her room, even putting them in my file cabinet or allowing her to hang them in her room as well as putting them in a folder on my bookshelf. The Hello Kitty book (to the left) is an empty canvas for her to keep them all in one place and it's almost filled up. She loves to paint in it.
Recently, I have loosened up. What is the point of artwork if you cannot display it? So I have allowed her to hang up her artwork ANYWHERE in the house, even in my living room. It wasn't easy at first, I must admit. I was so particular on sticking with a color theme in my living room, everything matched. My artwork on my walls had to match the decor of my house.
Well, I finally let Ava go for it and she is well on her way. Soon, my walls will be filled with her masterpieces. And I am okay with that. It's the little things that makes me smile and her artwork is one of them. So seeing them daily around my walls make me smile...knowing the effort she has put into it. And to watch her so happy and feeling accomplished as she hangs them on the wall is priceless. The four photos to the right are a collection of what she calls her "fireworks." She even labeled them as if we're in an art museum.






This one is her artwork on a canvas that I purchased for her to do for my room. Nothing but paint, a comb, and a blank canvas was used, and I let her have at it. This was done back in 2011 and hung on my bedroom wall. Notice the hand-print signature in the corner?







Here is the first book we've written together (June 2014). Of course she did all the artwork. That's her area.






The following are just a taste of her other work she is capable of.
I love it.
She enjoys it.
Win-Win situation.












2 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved this idea. I think its genius! Ava will always remember these times and special moments. It's so out of the box as far as how we grew up traditionally. Everything had its certain place and the living room was not to be tampered with. THIS is going to be what molds her into who she is suppose to be. A star. I love that you put your traditions and OCD aside for her to feel extra special while her artwork is on display. This by far was one of my favorite blogs from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, darling.

      I know, we were never to touch the living room, lol.

      Surprisingly, it doesn't even bother me like I thought.
      I actually enjoy looking at them.
      In fact, I can't wait until she hangs more so that the walls will be filled.

      I used to always say that I would get frames so that I could hang them with precision and order...pfffttt! And after never having done it, I was like "what the hell?"

      So while she was at school, I hung up the first two, and she was thrilled when she noticed it.

      Delete