Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

I Drove Today

I drove today, y'all!!!

Let me tell you, it felt soooo good to finally be driving. I hated it before and always dreamed of a chauffeur. But now, I have a new appreciation for being able to to do what I want, when I want....without having to ask anybody!

It was almost as bad as a relationship....like someone keeping tabs on every move I made.

Asking my friends and family to get everything for me, move everything for me, drive me here, stop by the store, get this, get that............

It was a never ending story. BUT.......my daddy & Jon have really came through for me these last two months. My progress is coming along and I'm excited!!! Being cripple makes you have a new-found appreciation. This was something I've taken for granted, as most mobile people do.

But I'm ready to explore the world again! Bare with me, people!

My kids were nervous to ride with me this morning on their way to school. But they managed to survive. Of course they had their jokes:

"Drop me off first," Ava said.

"Why?" asked Calen, "You never like to go first any other time?"

"Because you'll have to ride with her longer!"

Very funny.....lol

But they both couldn't help but point out that I actually "looked normal" today. I didn't know if it was a compliment or a diss? I had to ask, "Was I that bad?"

I mean.....I'm practiaclly ready to ghost-ride the whip now!!!

1 comment: