Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Currently May

I'm a little late for May but here it is:

Just like my Currently April blog:

Listening: I have such a broad collection of CD's in my car (yes I still buy CD's). So what I've been doing is randomly selecting one and try to ride it out as long as I can. As far as Pandora...B2K station is my favorite one. #DontJudgeMe. It plays all the songs that were popular in the early 2000's and brings back memories for me.

Watching: I tried my share of Dexter and it didn't seem to work for me. If you have any other suggestions for a series that I could binge-watch, let me know. I have 3 more months until I return to school. I love crime & drama documentaries so I search through tons of them on Netflix. Other than that, I have Lifetime and LMN on my favorite channels. I'm also a faithful watcher of the Wendy Williams Show! How You Doin?

Wondering: If I'm making the right decision with my major? I'm very confused. I'm still not satisfied in my major and keep battling what I want to do with my life? I am so close to changing it because I have noticed that each semester I go to pick my classes, it worries me that I have no interest in them whatsoever. I think that's my cue to try something different.

Evaluating: So many relationships that I have had or currently have. I sometimes feel obligated to tolerate certain people because of the amount of time that I've known them. Or sometimes I feel guilty that I want to sever ties with them after at all of the times I've shared with them. On the other hand, Poo is ready to tell them to get to steppin. No mercy on these skallywags!

Reading: A book called What Does the Bible Really Teach?. I got it from one of the Jehovah's Witnesses and after many attempts (stalks) to reach me, I finally decided to hear her out. The book is very basic and does not go into much detail (no offense to any JW out there), but that is the part where I find interest in.....to do more research for myself to find out more. They touch the surface of things and if it can spark a conversation, it can certainly spark my research a lot more.

Loving: The fact that I have two well-behaved (for the most part) and smart children. Calen finished his 7th grade year with 4 A's and 1 B. Ava got all A+'s. Proud is not even a word to describe how I feel. The fact that it comes so natural for them to excel in school, makes me feel like I'm doing a great job....even when I question my parenting.

Considering: What to do with my hair next. I have had many different hairstyles and lengths. I'm in a transition phase right now. Haven't had a perm in about 3 months because I haven't been wearing my natural hair out lately anyway. So I will stay away from the chemicals until I decide. Here are some of my looks:

So what are you currently up to?

2 comments:

  1. I am currently writing a few songs. Thankful for opportunities that have risen. And Congrats mom those kids are going to out-do you. Lol
    No im not singing I just got inspired for a sec.
    Skallywags hope I wasnt on that list. Lol
    Love ya
    Keep writing.
    AND QUESTIONS TO YOU WOULD BE?
    WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE YA MAJOR TOO?
    WILL THAT KEEP YOUR INTEREST LONG ENOUGH TO COMPLETE THE TASK AT HAND?
    IS THERE ANYTHING YOU COULD DO TO SPARK A FLAME OR REKINDLE WHAT MOTIVATED YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE. ?.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, boo!
    Girl you are far from the skallywag list! lol.

    But as far as my major, right now it's Journalism and my minor is Deaf Studies.
    But I was thinking of swapping it the other way around if I don't find anything else.
    I do find interest in Deaf Studies. And with that, I will go into interpreting and then I can write on the side!

    Rekindle.....hmmmmm, not sure what it would take. I wish I knew so I can do it. I know I fell in love with writing because it was a chance for me to be honest, be myself, and release. I think now I'm just caught up in protecting stories and people so I tend to shy away from being as blunt as I used to be when I write.
    We'll see.

    ReplyDelete