Total Pageviews

Friday, September 16, 2016

The Lucky Necklace By: Ava Simone Kirk

My 9-year-old daughter showed me a couple of google docs she was working on and I was so proud I had to share. She wrote a couple manuscripts and a short story. When I got the email of her google doc, the message read: "IMMA BE A WRITER!!! AND IMMA HAVE $$$$$$$$$"
Alright now, Ava. Make mama proud. This morning on the way to school she asked me, "Did you get my email?" (Never thought my 9-year-old would be asking me that! I didn't even know she knew how to work Google Docs, let alone an email). Then when I told her I was going to post it today she said, "Ok, but can you look over it first?"
I'm glad she trusts me. I'm a happy and proud mama right now.
Here is her story:



The Lucky Necklace
Written By: Ava Simone Kirk 


Once upon a time there was a beautiful princess named Oriana that lived in a big beautiful castle. One day she was walking by the ocean just minding her business, until she found a pretty heart necklace. It was no ordinary necklace, it was called “The Lucky Necklace.” So she picked it up and brought it to her best friend Princess Rebecca’s castle to tell her about it.


“ Very pretty,” said Princess Rebecca. But Princess Rebecca thought it looked familiar.


“This looks familiar like the necklace the Queen of Hearts lost just last week!”  


“You’re right, it DOES familiar.”  


“Should we turn it in to the Royal office?”  


“ We should  return it so we don’t get in trouble by the Queen of Hearts and get our heads cut off and----”  


“ Rebecca, calm down now! I will go ask my mom to let me go to the office and turn it in,” said Princess Oriana.


So Oriana went home to ask her mother to go to The Royal Office.


“Mother, shall I go to The Royal Office and turn in the royal necklace?” asked Orianna.


“Yes, you may.” said Orianna’s mother.


“Thank you mother.”


So Orianna went to Rebecca’s castle and they went to The Royal Office together. When they got there they told the guards,
“We have an important thing to return to the queen.”  Then they showed the guard “The Lucky Necklace.”  


“Go on in!” said the guard.


“Here, we have a lucky necklace that we have come to return to the queen that I think she lost last week.“


“Ahh,” said the office manager. “Thank you very much.“
So the queen gave them a reward!!!!  AND IT WAS TO KEEP THE NECKLACE! Princess Rebecca and Princess Oriana were very blessed and lived happily ever after and nobody got their heads got cut off.



The End

1 comment:

  1. Go ahead Ava girl. I can't wait for you to publish your first book. I can feel the suspense now! Great job!

    ReplyDelete